Quantcast

Random Thoughts

Publish your thoughts, whatever comes to your mind and invite  comments.  

Physicians and patients can post their stories and be heard.

If you don’t have anything to say, share your medically related favorites on the web with a link.
by NAVIN DAHIYA • | | 1 comment
Dear Sir, Few days back we done brain MRI of our daughter and the findings are directing towards the above mentioned condition. Please guide us about the available treatment and is it curable? She has a enlarged brain and slow motor coordination and poor feeding. Also she has a congenital hea...read more
by Dr. Thamburaj • | | 0 comments
Anterior approaches to vertebral bodies are usually recommended. Posterior approaches are equally adequate
We need a revolution http://www.surgicalneurologyint.com/temp/SurgNeurolInt21185-755913_001235.pdf
http://neurosurgerycns.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/april-2012-issue-of-neurosurgery-on-the-ipad/
We tend to forget the good old ritual! Listen
by Dr. Thamburaj • | | 1 comment
Subject: Support to ANNAJI 10 things to know about Anna Hazare 'n Jan Lok Pal Bill.. ! 1. Who is Anna Hazar...e? An ex-army man. Fought 1965 Indo-Pak War 2. What's so special about him? He built a village Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahamad Nagar district, Maharashtra 3. So what? Th...read more
An applicant for International Vista Resident membership in the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) must be a Resident or Fellow in good standing in an International neurosurgical training program outside North America (the United States, its territories, Canada and Mexico). Apply today
Rejoice! www.thamburaj.com is being translated in Belorussian language
Brain surgery was practiced by Tibetan doctors at least 2,900 years ago. Read more
If the Medical Council of India (MCI) has its way, medical students may not have to sit for post-graduate exams. Read more
Holding a cell phone to the ear for an extended period of time increases activity in regions of the brain closest to the antenna, researchers have found. Read more
Sequential tractography images consist in axial and perspective view T1 anatomical images with superimposed 3D volume representation of the vestibular schwannomas and surrounding cranial nerves. Note the anatomical fidelity of the position of the tumor with respect to the underlying 2D MR image....read more
by lavi • | | 0 comments
India needs 9-10 million units of blood every year but only 7 million units of blood are collected. "We have had Green and White revolution. Now, it's time for Red revolution
Dr. Sharma's suggestions are interesting. Read more
by lavi • | | 0 comments
Experience of some of the Neurosurgical patients. Read more
Aseptic meningitis is a rare but serious side effect of lamotrigine use FDA has announced. Read more
by Dr. M.C.Vasudevan • | | 0 comments
Hi Youngesters Are you keen on persuing neurosurgery? this is an opportunity to join DNB at Voluntary Health services,Chennai-600113.Appy IMMEDIATELY for consideration. Dr.M C Vasudevan PS.Pass on this information to any body who is interested
by drneurosurgeon • | | 1 comment
First half of October 2010 had been very trying for me. First my 2 and half year old daughter brought home the eye infection from her school and spreaded to every one including me and my wife. Then I got ankle sprain. Later my daughter also developped viral pneumonitis and then few pustules ....read more
Indian healthcare is being taken over by insurance agencies...for good or bad. Soon, it will affect our practice as it has in US. American scene is described in this blog; Read more>>>
by lavi • | | 0 comments
Protocols and ethics Useful or not, protocols are becoming a part of modern medical practice and corporate health care as in every walk of life. At times physicians are in a dilemma and wonder if they must compromise their ethics. Read more for an experience>>>
by lavi • | | 0 comments
Many young medicos get frustrated when exposed to real medical practice which is far different than in an academic institution and look for alternatives. Read more>>>
by Dr.P.Natarajan • | | 0 comments
A regular bedside neurological examination is better than routine CT in post operative care. Read more>>>
by Dr. Mahmood Hassan • | | 2 comments
I wanted to come. But could not make mind as I never could get the program of the meeting. I asked times and again to send me that. They told that all are there in the web link. Unfortunately there was no detail of the program there when I could make my mind. Today I am in Dhaka to attend fami...read more
Seattle (USA) based Swedish Neuroscience Institute (SNI) offers Fellowships for young neurosurgeons. You may be interested. Read more >>>
Social networking is popular. Young physicians should handle them with care. Read more>>>